Saturday, November 19, 2011

Celeb News » Ricki Lake Set To Return In New Chat Show

Ricki Lake Set To Return In New Chat Show
Ricki Lake Set To Return In New Chat Show


Ricki Lake will be returning to Daytime TV in a new chat show next year. Following her success on the current series of 'Dancing With The Stars', Ricki Lake's new programme has been commissioned by Fox's 20th Television wing, according to The Daily Mail.

Lake said to her fans: "Many of you grew up with me. I hope you'll stay in touch with me. We'll learn about each other, and I'm so looking forward to getting back on the air with a show that you guys are needing to see." Her hugely popular show ended in 2004 after 11 years, but her new offering will reflect Lake's 43-year-old-age as it will have more of an 'Oprah vibe': "I want to spark ideas and conversations and inspire people to take active roles in their communities, relationships and their well-being. I have definitely grown as a person since I put down the mic in 2005, and I couldn't be happier to share and continue the journey with both my existing fans and an entirely new generation of women.' The show is being aimed towards a more mature 25-54 year old female demographic, and is expected to show on either the Fox or Nbc networks, or a combination of the two.

Ricki Lake is currently preparing for the 'Dancing With The Stars' final this week. She is currently the favourite to win the show after scoring high marks with partner Derek Hough. However competition is still rife against war hero JT MARTINEZ and ROB KARDASHIAN.