Saturday, October 22, 2011

Celeb News » Professor Green 'Scared' Of Settling Down After Dad's Suicide

Professor Green celebcomely.blogspot.com
Professor Green 'Scared' Of Settling Down After Dad's Suicide


British rapper Professor Green is convinced his dad's suicide has cast a shadow over all his romantic relationships, because he doesn't ever want to put children through the same pain he suffered.

The I Need You Tonight hitmaker's father Peter split from the star's biological mum shortly after his birth and committed suicide in 2008.

The hip-hop star admits his father's input into his life and his subsequent death has left him terrified about settling down and starting a family with his longtime girlfriend Candy MCCulloch, daughter of Echo & The Bunnymen frontman Ian.

He tells Britain's The Sun, "That's a hard topic (starting a family). It scares the life out of me. I don't want to be my dad - but there's no reason for me to be.

"That's one of the things that scares me about being with Candy. It has the chance to be really real with her.

"That thought about my dad has affected relationships in the past. But I can't keep making decisions based on fear. Candy's proper - she puts up with me for starters. She's such a together person and I really do think it makes a difference.

"My thing about having kids is I want to make sure they have a healthy environment to grow up in."