Monday, October 31, 2011

Music » Florence And The Machine Return With 'Ceremonials'

Florence And The Machine Return With 'Ceremonials'
Florence And The Machine Return With 'Ceremonials'


Florence + the Machine has released her second album 'Ceremonials' today (31.10.11), and the singer has aimed to created a sound similar to Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo + Juliet' soundtrack.

Florence + the Machine has released her second album 'Ceremonials' today (31.10.11).

The 'Dog Days Are Over' hitmaker - whose first record 'Lungs' went to number one in the UK albums chart in 2009 - wanted to create a sound that combined Shakespearean violence with pop.

She told USA Today: "I wanted to make an album that sounded like the soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo + Juliet', the violence mixed with the classical Shakespearean drama mixed with the pop and the pulp, extreme neon stuff."

The flame-haired beauty - whose real name is Florence Welch - was so keen to get across a sense of aggression in her music she considering calling the album 'Violence'.

She added: "Oh, and the violence. Mmm. The word itself I'm obsessed with. I wanted to call this whole record just 'Violence'. A violent emotion. You can feel things violently. It's a beautiful word.

"I'm such a non-violent person, too. I keep so much inside. I'm the least aggressive person ever. I can't argue."