Thursday, October 27, 2011

Celeb News » Zach Galifianakis 'Sounds Like An Egg'

Zach Galifianakis 'Sounds Like An Egg'
Zach Galifianakis 'Sounds Like An Egg'


Zach Galifianakis thinks he was chosen to play the role of Humpty Dumpty in 'Puss in Boots' because he sounds like an egg.

Zach Galifianakis thinks he sounds like an egg.

The 42-year-old actor - who has played roles in 'The Hangover' movies, and 'Due Date' with Robert Downey Jr. - takes on the roll of Humpty Alexander Dumpty, in 'Shrek' spin-off movie 'Puss in Boots', and he believes he was chosen because he sounded particularly like the nursery rhyme character.

He said: "It's still an overweight character, even in animation.

"When I got the job, I asked questions like, "Do you want me to change my voice? Is there a certain accent you want me to do?" And, they were like, "No, just talk." I was like, "Oh, I guess I sound like an egg, in real life. I didn't realise."

But it's not all sour grapes for Zach, as he also admitted he would love to do voice-over work again.

The bearded star told Collider.com: "Not a lot of jobs, in general, do you leave your job and feel like it's really easy and fun. I'd love to do it again."