Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Aanchal Dogra Miss India-Canada 2009

Aanchal Dogra Miss India-Canada 2009Crowned: August 22, 2009

At the personal front, I am perceived to be balanced, cheerful, social, warm, fun loving and quick witted. Having lived in the Middle East from early childhood, I am polycentric and confident to work well with people from all walks of life. I am not deterred by challenges, in fact believe in setting creative goals for self – enterprising mind, firm and focused achiever. I am purposeful, ambitious, inspiring and a strong willed person; thorough-going in everything I undertake; humane and dedicated to human causes.

At the professional front I have done a Dual specialization in Bachelors in Physical Therapy and M.D in Alternative Medicines. I’m presently working as a Physiotherapist at a renowned Orthopedic Center. This is helping me gather expertise to be able to join Blue Chip Health Care set ups. In the short term, I will shortly be pursuing Masters in Health Care Administration. In the long term, I strongly aspire to establish a Health Care Center of my own which will consist of Yoga Academy, Rehabilitation infrastructure, Spa treatment and all other therapeutic treatments streamlined under herbal sciences.

After having won the pageant, I had the privilege and honour to meet greAanchal Dogra Miss India-Canada 2009at film makers and actors of the Indian Film Industry during the Toronto International Film Festival. I met Mr. Ashutosh Gowarikar, Abhay Deol, Mr. Dev Benegal, Ms. Seems Biswas if The Bandit Queen fame and Deepa Mehta.

I also had the honour f meeting HRH Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla Parker Bowles at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. It was a special meeting. I couldn't believe my stars!

In India, I met the great film maker and evergreen actor Mr. Dev Anand. Meeting him was truly inspirational!

To conclude, I want to become an ambassador of peace, goodwill, harmony and compassion in order to do full justice to the pageant’s motto “For beauty with a purpose”. This pageant has given me the platform to express my choices and opinions in order to forge ahead and foray into fields yet to be explored, be it Entrepreneurship, Social services, Health services, the Entertainment, the world and beyond…